Do Things For People Not Because of Who They Are or What They Do In Return, But Because of Who You Are – Harold S. Kushner
Being kind not only has a direct effect on others, but it has a positive impact on you as well. Everybody can use a little bit of kindness in their life, and with World Kindness Day just passing on November 13th, it is about time to start spreading the love. Kindness starts with you and with kindness quotes, it’s easy to spread a little love.
Of course, being kind is pretty self-explanatory, but there are a variety of ways that you can express it. Whether it is opening a door for someone or delivering a bouquet of flowers, kindness can have a greater impact than you think. It is one of the greatest attributes that someone can have. And, with quotes about kindness, you can help spread that beauty.
You don’t need a reason to be kind to people. Instead, here are 25 suggestions and ideas of ways to be kind.
- Smile and make someone’s day a little sweeter.
- Look for ways you can promote peace.
- Just listen.
- Offer a hug or embrace.
- Invite someone new into your friend tribe.
- Send out a kind email or card.
- Give someone a genuine compliment.
- Help clean up, without being asked,help someone out in a practical way.
- Hold open the door for the person behind you.
- Encourage a friend or family member when they are discouraged or unmotivated.
- Make peace with someone that has hurt you.
- Strike up a conversation with a stranger.
- Let someone into your lane while driving.
- Pay for the person behind you in line.
- Give your time to a friend or someone who needs it.
- Say “Thank You” and “Please” everyday without fail.
- Meditate on loving kindness: “May you be happy, healthy, peaceful, and free from suffering, and may my actions in some way contribute to the happiness, health, peace, and freedom for all.
- Say “I love you” a little more often to your family and friends.
- Pause before you speak, and choose words with positive intention.
- Help someone get some rest (watch their kids, run an errand, or bring them dinner).
- Pick up litter even if its not yours.
- Remove complaints and curses for one week.
- Gift something meaningful to someone: loan a book, bring flowers, drop off cookies, whatever suits your fancy.
- Make a donation.
- Give up your seat, or for that matter, move your yoga mat in class, with positive intent.
Being kind goes a long way. Have you been kind today?
If you found this helpful and would like to speak to a Counselor about great life practices, please reach out to Amy Wine Counseling Center at 832.421.8714.
+ view comments . . .